By Erin Olejnik
nutty life’s vanilla bean cashew milk is delicious to drink, but did you know it can be used in desserts, too? our dairy free cheesecake recipe is the perfect guilt-free vegan dessert! plus, you can customize this recipe by topping with fruit, or creating an entirely new flavor by blending frozen berries or melted chocolate into the filling!
here’s what you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup of your favorite type of raw organic nut (I used cashews here, but walnuts, macadamia nuts, or almonds work just as well)
- 5-7 organic Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup of organic shredded coconut
- one 12oz bottle of nutty life vanilla bean cashew milk
- the juice of one organic lemon (≈3 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup of organic pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, in liquid form
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- a dash of cinnamon
1. first, let’s make the crust. combine the raw nuts, dates, and coconut flakes in a food processor and pulse until everything is chopped into small pieces.
2. pour this crumbly mixture into either a springform or pie pan. lay a sheet of wax paper over the top and use the underside of a cup to press the mixture into a tightly-packed crust. make sure it is evenly distributed along the bottom of the pan.
3. stick the pan in the freezer to set the crust.
4. rinse out the food processor and combine all of the ingredients for the filling in it. blend until it is a creamy consistency with no cashew chunks. if the mixture does not seem viscous enough, blend a few more nuts into the mixture.
5. take the pan out of the freezer and pour the filling mixture over the top of it. if necessary, distribute the mixture evenly with a rubber spatula.
6. place the pan back in the freezer and let it sit for 1-2 hours. afterwards, decorate the top with nuts, berries, coconut flakes, or anything else you desire! the cheesecake will last in the refrigerator for up to five days. (insider secret: freeze some of it for later!).
voilà! who knew that making a vegan cheesecake could be so easy? if you try your hand at this recipe, be sure to post a picture and tag #nutty4nuttylife! also, follow our blog for more delicious dairy free recipes!