By Erin Olejnik
it’s summertime in New England, which means it’s time for flip flops, sandy beaches, and frozen treats. there’s no need to wait longingly for the chimes of an ice cream truck, though, because nutty life cashew milk can be frozen into the perfect dairy free snack! satisfy your sweet tooth with our yummy, fruit-packed, vegan cashewsicle recipe.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- nutty life nuts over chocolate cashew milk
- organic strawberries, preferably from a local farm (we recommend Clark Farm in Carlisle MA)
- popsicle molds OR you can use an ice cube tray for mini treats :)
- cut the strawberries into small chunks – about the size of your pinkie nail (see above).
- shake up a bottle of nutty life “nuts over chocolate” cashew milk and pour into the popsicle molds, leaving about an inch of room at the top.
- place the strawberry chunks into the molds. customize how fruity you want your cashewsicles to be!
- gently mix the strawberries and milk using the popsicle stick. you want the berries to be evenly distributed in the mold.
- put a popsicle stick in the center of each mold. place the molds on a level surface in your freezer and let freeze for at least 4 hours.
- when you’re ready to eat, run a cashewsicle under warm water to make it easier to slide out of the mold.
we want to see your delicious cashewsicles! tag #nutty4nuttylife on your post, and be sure to follow our blog for more delicious dairy free recipes! :)