by caroline huffstetler
there's a birthday coming up in the nutty life family, so I decided to attempt to make dairy free naturally sweetened frosting, made with nutty life cashew milk, of course!
it turned out pretty awesome! i'm still looking for ideas on the funfetti cupcake part of the recipe. please comment on this post if you have recommendations!
to make the frosting...
1. blend the following in your high-powered blender or food processor:
- 1/4 cup nutty life strawberry vanilla cashew milk
- 1 cup tree nuts. we prefer cashews, walnuts, or brazil nuts -- or a combo of all 3! if you want more of a neutral nutty flavor, cashews are the least overpowering of the 3.
- 1/8 cup of coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- dash of lemon juice
- a handful of fresh strawberries (optional: to make it even more strawberry-y)
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup. you can also use dates. start with a little sweetness & keep tasting as you blend. sweeten until it tastes DIVINE!
2. pour into a freezer safe container with lid (that's large enough to allow whisking). store in freezer for 30 minutes.
3. take it out & whisk until creamy. then place in the freezer for another 45 minutes.
4. take it out & whisk again until creamy. then place in the freezer for another 1.5 hours.
5. take it out & whisk until creamy and smooth like a frosting! store in the refrigerator & use within 5 days.
*makes enough to frost about 6-10 cupcakes or a small cake (depending on how much frosting you like!)*