We are passionate about bringing you delicious nut milks made with only fresh, organic ingredients. Our milks are full of love... and free of additives, gluten, and dairy.
Shortly after Nutty Life founder Caroline's 21st birthday, she became lactose intolerant. She started drinking the unrefrigerated almond milks you find at the grocery store that last for months unopened. As she grew more health conscious, Caroline got curious about why and how the almond milk she was buying didn't need to be refrigerated. After extensive research, she learned a lot about the ingredients found in these milks that blew her away! Below is just one example of an ingredient you might find in the typical nut or soy milk sold at your local grocer.
- carrageenan: the same chemical used to de-ice airplanes. YES... you read that correctly. And the only purpose for this chemical in your alternative milk is to thicken it (i.e. so the water and the almond pulp don't separate). Personally, we prefer the separation. The non-food grade (degraded) carrageenan is a known carcinogen, causing colon cancer and bowel inflammation in lab rats. The food grade carrageenan (undegraded) can contain as much as 25 percent of the degraded carrageenan. There is debate around whether the undegraded variation causes the same colon and bowel problems as the degraded carrageenan. The uncertainty is enough to keep us away from carrageenan the carcinogen. A common misconception: carrageenan is derived from seaweed, so it must be okay for us to consume. Because of the highly chemical-induced process of converting the seaweed into carrageenan, the seaweed is no longer seaweed at all. You can learn more about this additive and its harmful effects through the Cornucopia Institute.
- Want to learn more about other additives found in the typical alternative milk? We did a ton of research for our business plan & are happy to send you the info. Contact us to learn more!
We don't even know the effects of consuming some of these additives on our bodies and health! And most of the research points to scary outcomes down the road. Check all of your labels super carefully because some can be deceiving. And... have no fear because Nutty Life is here! Place your order today!
Also, most leading brands of almond milk contain only 2% almonds. Each bottle of Nutty Life contains at least 20% nuts! Our milks are full-bodied, filling, and mouth-watering good!
We are excited to introduce Boston's best additive-free nut milk! Nutty Life launched in Boston area stores in September 2016. Click here to find our cashew milks in a store near you! We are also proudly making cashew milk for six of our favorite local cafes: Gracenote Coffee near South Station in Boston, Loyal Nine in Cambridge, Oat Shop in Davis Square, Kickstand Cafe in Arlington Center, Ride Studio Cafe in Lexington, and the FULLer CUP in Winchester.
- Samplings @ Coffee Shops, Fitness Studios, and Offices
- Smoothie Days @ Fitness Studios and Offices
- Pop-Up Shops @ Coffee Shops, Fitness Studios, and Offices
- Private Events Upon Request
WHERE TO FIND NUTTY LIFE
Visit our where to find us page!
Contact us to learn more!